Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The first one...

I have seen a lot of blogs popping up amongst my friends about their life adventures, so I figured I should start one of my own. I am currently student teaching a WONDERFUL group of 1st graders right now, and I figure I can use this blog to share funny stories and struggles in my life as a 1st grade teacher.

Here is my story for today:
A student, Dylan, was out in the hall when we started writing the beginning, middle and end of a story we were reading. When he came back in, he asked what we were doing. So I sat with him and began to explain what we were doing. I asked him to tell me what happened in the story. He proceeds to tell me about the story. I begin to realize he is telling me in GREAT detail what happened in the story, including some dialogue. So I ask, "Dylan, did you memorize this story?" Dylan looks at me, shakes his head yes, then smiles. I am pretty sure the look of shock on my face made him smile, but it was just too funny!

I always come home with several stories about my students, and hopefully I can share more on here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment